- Culture and diversity.
- The role families hold in children’s lives.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- People from all cultural and family backgrounds deserve to be respected and included.
- People of all abilities deserve to be respected and included.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples deserve to be respected and included.
- That families are a child’s first teachers.
- That secure and positive relationships are a fundamental need for everyone to thrive.
We are committed to:
- Providing warm and welcoming environment to all people regardless of cultural background, language, gender, family background and abilities.
- Recognizing and promoting the important role Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples hold within the local and wider Australian community.
- Building partnerships with families.
- Making connections with our local and wider community.
- Providing an environment and resources that reflect the diversity in our wider community.
How this looks at NPELC:
- Celebration of cultural festivals
- The menu reflects the children’s cultures
- Diverse books and resources are provided that include people of all cultures and ethnicities; people of different abilities, and different genders.
- Cultural displays are evident in the room
- Multiple languages are used
- We respect different ways of being
- Families, children and staff are from many different cultural backgrounds.
- Families and children are always greeted by friendly and familiar staff.
- There is evidence of valuing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Culture.
- Regular opportunities are offered in a variety of ways for families to give feedback.
- Everyone is treated with respect.
- Everyone is invited to contribute their ideas and feedback.
- Children’s emotions are respected and supported.
Noble Park Early Learning Centre prides itself on a wonderful outdoor learning environment. Our grounds are extensive and include plenty of space to run and explore. With mature trees and shade sails we offer flexible play spaces for all seasons. The undercover verandah facilitates outdoor play even when the weather is inclement.
The Centre has a range of outdoor equipment which is rotated regularly to continually stimulate and promote the development of new skills. This may include climbing frames, balance beams and obstacle courses.
Some of our outdoor features include: